How will donations for the Blu village project be used?
- 77% of donations go directly to senior living program services, 20% administrative cost, 3% fundraising
- Supplement utility cost for residents in hot summer months - Residents will pay an average of 40% of their annual income for housing plus utilities. (Average low income senior on SS receives between $770-1200 a month.
- Furniture for those in need (furniture donations will also be accepted)
- Supplemental meals if needed (food donations will also be accepted)
- Staffing cost for non-medical minimum supervision - The Delia Foundation will also utilize volunteers.
- Staffing cost for senior navigator -This will allow The Delia Foundation to assist residents with resources needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle of independence.
- Grants and individual donations will be used to purchase non-profit Co-Houses.
- Residents of Co-Houses will have the following requirements: Minimum age requirement 62, criminal history check, income under 19,000 yearly, does not need assistance with activities of daily living.
- Assessments and roommate matches will be completed on each resident before move-in.
- Maintain an active volunteer program to assist residents with: resources, activities, light housekeeping, meal preparation, conversation.
Need assistance finding low income senior housing, resources for homeless seniors, help finding veterans charities or Arizona senior services?